Saturday, March 30, 2013

Kuantan Day 2

#throwback 30-March-2013

Meeting Keegan and cousin at 7am for breakfast.
Nothing special, Toasted bread, Hashbrown, Sausages, Cake, Fried Noodle, Tea for breakfast @ The Ritz Grill right beside the lobby of the hotel.

8am, the day just started!
Wanted to sit my dad car to kamaman but cousin say "你爸不熟悉路跟车很麻烦。"
But I'm so scared I will 晕车 again.
After that I realise it's a MPV! Okay la, MPV I won't 晕车.
It's so true that I can only sit MPV. Ha! Ha!

There is a coffee shop at kamaman that is very famous, 
With very nice coffee/tea and kueh.
We reach there at 9.15am++
Sadly it's too late and it's already full house and most of the kueh were sold out :(

So we continue travel to the cemetery.
We reach there around 10.am++, the SUN is already out! It's so HOT!

After praying, we went to a last time grandparents neighbour's house.
I don't know who they are, but my cousin know all of them! Even my dad don't know them too.
Cousin told us that he know them is because last time my grandmother always bring him here.

Here is some pictures of the place we at. It's just 2 row of houses. They name this place 华人新村.




This uncle's 排骨酥 is very famous.
We never fail to order from him every year.
But he stopped doing it for years and now his brother is back to help him with the 排骨酥.


Before frying the 排骨酥

 Look at their kitchen, the way they cook, hardly found in Singapore.

This is their kitchen. The olden days kitchen which we can't find in Singapore any more.

Freshly out from the oil!

Our order, 52 packets of 排骨酥

After collecting and exploring the kampong, cousin know I want to go Seaside, and yes! he bring me to the seaside!

Sitting beside the sea at a "cafe" enjoying the coconut drink and keropok


This keropok damn nice. Not what we found in Singapore. You can really taste the fish!

THE SEA

Nothing more happy than having this sea right in front of me.

For Lunch, again late lunch, 2pm++ we went to a hainanese restaurant.
Eating 海南菜.

海南面,海南豆腐,Stuffed Crab and I forgot the name for that prawn :x (Photo by Keegan)

After that went back to kuantan and drop a visit to another cousin's shop at kuantan.
Dinner @ The Ritz Grill
难得一次的聚餐, It has been a long time since we whole family (kuantan's side) sit down and have dinner together.
We separate into 2 tables, Adults at one, Children at one.
Of coz I'm sitting at the children side together with keegan, we are both children! :p

(Photo by Keegan)

That's the end of our Day 2. Tml we are going back to Singapore already. 好舍不得哦 :(

No comments:

Post a Comment